LOUISA CITY COUNCIL VOTES ON LOUISA WALKWAY PROJECT FOR NEW SIDEWALK…
By Susan Salyer
On Tuesday November 15, 2022 the Louisa City Council had a Special Meeting at Louisa City Hall, 215 N. Main Cross Street, Louisa, Kentucky at 7PM. Louisa Mayor Harold E. Slone was in attendance along with Louisa City Council members Joey McClanahan, Lisa Schaeffer and Tom Parsons. Ashley Caudill joined via zoom and Gary Robertson and Matt Brown were absent.
1. Call to Order
Approved Minutes for October 11, 2022 – Motion by Joey McClanahan 2nd by Lisa Schaeffer, None Opposed.
- Resolution 2022-05 ‘Resolution of the City of Louisa Accepting a $98,000 state grant, Approving the Agreement and Authorizing Mayor Harold E Slone to Sign All Related Documents’ – Mayor Slone said, “This project is preliminary and adjustments will be made along with surveying the right of way and work by environmental services.” Motion by Tom Parsons 2nd by Ashley Caudill. None Opposed.
- Request for Qualifications — Louisa Middle School Sidewalk Project – Mayor Slone said, “We will have to publish an ad for engineering firms to design the project.” Motion by Tom Parsons 2nd by Ashley Caudill. None Opposed.
Council comments –
- “I want to congratulate everyone on the election, some win…some lose but it was a fair election,” Slone said. He thanked Louisa City Council Member Lisa Schaeffer for 10 yrs of dedication and service. She will be leaving the Council in January.
- Also Slone acknowledged the Louisa Middle School Football 8th grade team for being 2022 State Championship winners.
- Mayor Slone mentioned the Junior Cadet program. “When I became Mayor this guy kept coming to see me to try to get a Police Explorer’s program started in Louisa. I did get this Junior Cadet program started and the guy that wanted it so bad was…Zach Wright. Wright attended the Jr Cadet’s program through high school until Graduation. Zach Wright will be Graduating from the Kentucky State Police Academy in Richmond, Kentucky this weekend.” Slone also said Louisa natives Chase Coverdale and Brett Criswell will graduate from the academy as well.
Audience comments – None
Executive Session – City Council met in Executive Session after returning attorney Eldred E. (Bud) Adams said, “We discussed a possible real estate purchase.” This is the second meeting in a row the discussion has taken place.
Adjourn Meeting – Motion by Joey McClanahan 2nd by Lisa Schaeffer
The next Louisa City Council Regular Meeting will be on Tuesday December 13, 2022 at Louisa City Hall at 7PM. The meeting is open to the public.