2. Mayor comments:
- Two more Covid positive employees.
- Sewer I&I project about 90% complete as far as new lines.
- Plans to redo City Hall,
- Fire Station needs a new roof.
- Police Department is not functional at all.
- Plans have been drawn up but funding has been an issue. Funding will now be available March 3 in the amount of $750,000, mayor Slone announced.
- Phase one is to fix the Fire Station and build a connecting building. Motion to approve by Mitch Castle and second by Ashley Caudill. FIVCO will assist with paperwork.
“This is authorizing me to apply and I feel we have a good chance. No guarantee. It is a 750,000 grant with 75,000 match of local dollars. It is from CDBG . Community Development Block Grant… but again we have not been approved just applying,” Mayor Slone told The Lazer.
3. Approved minutes for December 08, 2020-Motion by Lisa Schaeffer and second by Ashley Caudill
4. Approved Resolution 2021-01, “A Resolution for Filing a Loan Application and Appointing Appropriate Local Government Official and Successors-In-Title as Official Project Representative of an Infrastructure Revolving Fund [Fund B – State Revolving Loan Program] Project”.-New 8 inch line down Lock Ave. “Many of the older houses are on an old 4 inch line under the street, and need to move all to 8 inch lines,” Slone said. “Need funding and need to charge order to existing projects,”. Motion by Gary Robertson and second by Lisa Schaeffer
5. Approved Resolution 2021-02, A Resolution to support KY Transportation funding updates-To support change to road fund formula to bring more to cities. Motion by Tom Parson and second Gary Robertson, Ashley Caudill, Lisa Schaeffer, Tom Parsons, along with Mayor Slone.
6. Occupational Business License-Consensus of council to send occupation license. Could not get cost by meeting will be here next month.
7. Council comments – None
8. Audience comments-None
9. Executive session
10. Adjourn-Motion made by Lisa Schaeffer, second by Tom Parsons
Council members present were Gary Robertson, Ashley Caudill, Lisa Schaeffer, Mitch Castle, Tom Parsons and Mayor Slone.