County preparing for upcoming FEMA bridge work
Fiscal court met today, Tuesday, October 21 including Judge/Executive Phil Carter, District 1 magistrate John Scaggs, District 2 Mouse Halcomb, District 3 Dave Pinson and Rick Blackburn representing District 4.
In agenda action the fiscal court authorized the clerk to advertise bids for steel drilling and cribbing work associated for upcoming FEMA work. The county has been the recipient of work orders from the federal government to help pay for work on washed out roads and damaged bridges.
The court also:
- The fiscal court approved to convey a right of way to City of Louisa. The road leading to Heritage/Worldwide Equipment. This area has already been annexed by the city.
- The fiscal court announced that $182,511.00 was applied for and has been received through Coronavirus Relief Funds provided by the state. The fiscal court would also like to thank Governor Andy Beshear for making funds available to the counties and DLG Commissioner Dennis Keene and his wonderful staff for helping to administer the funds.
Additional applications for funds will be made in the coming weeks, judge/executive Phil Carter said.
- The Haunted Hayride sponsored by the Lawrence County Fiscal Court and ‘A Ray of Hope’ is still going on this weekend at the Lawrence County Wilderness Park. The fiscal court would like to thank all the volunteers that help make this possible. The entry cost is a $5.00 donation with all proceeds going to charity programs for kids. The event had over 600 attendees this past weekend and everyone seemed to have a wonderful time.
Masks are required and temperatures are being taken. If you are looking for a great way to spend some time out please make plans to attend the Haunted hayride this weekend, deputy judge/executive Vince Doty said.
- Opening Prayer
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Call Meeting to Order
- Approved Minutes of the September 15, 2020 Regular Meeting
- Approved Minutes of the September 21, 2020 Special Meeting
- Approved 1st Reading of Budget Amendment # 2
- Approved Treasurers Request
- Approved Bills
- Accepted Treasurer’s Report Authorized Clerk to Advertise for FEMA Steel Jobs and Cribbing
- Approve to Convey Right of Way to the City of Louisa
- Review and Approve Administrative Code
- Public Comments