The Kentucky Debate | Monday, October 12
Sen. Mitch McConnell and Ret. Lt. Col. Amy McGrath
presented by Gray Television and University of Kentucky Student Government
Location | WKYT, 2851 Winchester Road, Lexington, Kentucky 40509
Time | 7 to 8 p.m. Monday, October 12
Media Information | Because of requirements involving COVID-19, outside media will not be permitted beyond the front entrance to WKYT.
However, stations may request satellite coordinates to record the debate for news coverage and access to virtual post-debate interviews. If candidates and or campaign staff wish to be interviewed after the debate, they will be escorted to a designated area for interviews which will be entirely virtual for registered media via Zoom.
Deadline for requests for access to satellite coordinates for recording and virtual post-debate interviews is noon, Monday, October 12. To make requests, click here.
Media recording the debate must abide by the following restrictions:
- Excerpts may not be used until after 8 p.m. on Monday, October 12
- Outlets may use up to three minutes of video or audio in total in regularly scheduled newscasts
- Live streaming of the debate feed by non-Gray Television stations is prohibited
- In the Lexington DMA, television stations must give verbal and on screen graphic courtesy to WKYT. Radio stations must give verbal courtesy to WKYT.
- In the Louisville DMA, television stations must give verbal and on screen graphic courtesy to WAVE. Radio stations must give verbal courtesy to WAVE.
- Other media in markets that serve Kentucky counties and have a Gray Television station in their market, verbal and/or on-screen courtesy must be given to the Gray-owned station. Example: WXIX in Cincinnati, WSAZ in Charleston/Huntington, WVLT in Knoxville, WBKO in Bowling Green, WFIE in Evansville, and KFVS in Cape Girardeau/Paducah.
- Outlets located in other areas or broadcast to a statewide or national audience, must give verbal and on screen courtesy to Gray Television.
By 9 p.m., WKYT will provide a link for downloadable still photographs of the debate or high resolution screen shots of the broadcast for interested media.