Louisa Utilities Board Meeting Agenda
August 4, 2020, 6:00PM
Louisa City Hall
- Call to Order
- Hear customer Issues (if any)
- Approve Minutes from July 2020 Meetings
- Customer Cutoffs
- Review Financials
- Approve Upgrades to Water Plant
- Review Big Sandy Water Rates
- Update on Sewer I & I Project
- Approve Customer Adjustments
- Approve Purchase Requests (if any)
We just received the minutes (summary) of the July Utilities meeting from Ami Whites. Thanks Ami! Last night’s meeting had to be cancelled due to lack of quorum. –Editor
LOUISA PUBLIC UTILITIES BOARD SUMMARY REGULAR SESSION
July 7, 2020
The Louisa Public Utilities Board met in regular business session July 7, 2020, with Mayor Harold Slone presiding. In attendance were Board Members, Heath Preston, Jeff Kinser, and Steven Lycans. Others in attendance were Utilities Administrator, Ami Whites, and City Attorney, Eldred “Bud” Adams, and Distribution Supervisor Martin Wright.
1. Call to order, 6:01 pm.
2. A customer representing Bay Pointe Apartments, presented to the board. The apartment complex had a leak, and a leak adjustment was applied after they thought they had repaired it. The leak was not fixed, but they did finally locate and repair the leak and are now requesting an adjustment on their water bill for two additional months. The board discussed applying a sewer adjustment for the months in question and then selling the water to them at wholesale. Motion made by Jeff Kinser Second by Heath Preston. All approved.
3. The Board discussed a downtown customer getting red water. To resolve the issue, they discussed getting bids to run new service lines from Madison Street to the two customers’ homes. Distribution Supervisor, Martin Wright already received one bid to complete the work and per the Board will get second bid. The Board suggested that we go with the best bid. Motion made by Steven Lycans. Second by Jeff Kinser. All agreed.
4. Motion to approve the May minutes made by Heath Preston, Second by Steven Lycans. All approved. Motion to approve the June minutes made by Jeff Kinser, Second by Steven Lycans. All approved.
5. Distribution Operations Supervisor, Martin Wright, reviewed the water loss report with Board and noted that there is 9.2% unknown water loss. No actions were taken.
6. Mayor Harold Slone updated the Board on the I & I project. No actions were taken.
7. The Board reviewed financials. No actions were taken.
7. Mayor Harold Slone mentioned that the Water Plant needs upgrades, as a lot of the automation is not working correctly. Kentucky Engineers brought in a team of people to do a complete assessment of the plant, and Mayor Slone will meet with them to review their findings. Mayor Slone will bring the full report to the Board. No actions were taken.
8. Motion to approve the customer adjustments made by Heath Preston, Second by Jeff Kinser. All approved.
9. Mayor Slone advised the Board that there are two payments left on the sewer loan with the deal we made with the county. The Mayor stated that we would pay $14,290 for the next payment, and the county will pay the final payment.
10. Steven Lycans advised the Board that this will be his final Utilities Board Meeting as he is moving and will no longer be a water customer. He officially submitted his letter of resignation to Mayor Slone via email.
11. Motion to adjourn the meeting made by Heath Preston. Second by Jeff Kinser. All approved. Meeting adjourned at 7:41 pm.