Three Rivers Medical Center Receives Four-Star CMS Rating for Quality and Safety
LOUISA, Ky. (March 3, 2020) – Three Rivers Medical Center announced that it has received a four-star rating for quality and safety from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS.) Three Rivers is among 1,136 hospitals across the country to receive this rating.
CMS released overall hospital quality “star ratings” on its Hospital Compare website to provide consumers with more transparency regarding the quality, safety and service of the majority of hospitals in the U.S. Hospitals received ratings of one to five stars based on their performance across seven measurements: Mortality, Safety of Care, Readmission, Patient Experience, Effectiveness of Care, Timeliness of Care, and Efficient Use of Medical Imaging.
“We are proud of our rigorous approach to quality, safety and service,” said Gregory Kiser, Three Rivers CEO. “Our dedicated clinical and support staff remain mission-focused on providing patient-centered care with excellence. Clinical care and service is a journey, and we embrace transparency as we continue to fulfill our performance improvement goals.”
The four-star rating comes on the heels of other recent achievements for Three Rivers Medical Center:
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Certified Mammography FacilityThe Joint Commission Certificate of Distinction in Acute Stroke Ready Hospital
- The Intersocietal Accreditation Commission Echocardiography Certificate of Accreditation to Three Rivers Medical Center’s Echo Lab
- Cabinet for Health and Family Services Office of Inspector General recognized Acute Care Hospital
- Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care Chest Pain Center Accreditation
- Accreditation Commission for Health Care Certificate of Accreditation to Three Rivers Medical Center’s Sleep Lab/Center Services
- Recognized by the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy for promoting quality in endoscopy.
“While no single rating can define an organization, the talent of its people or its culture, Three Rivers is proud of this achievement,” said Kiser. “As always, we are grateful to nurses, physicians, staff and volunteers for their hard work, dedication and commitment that contributed to this achievement.”
For more information on CMS’ star ratings, visit their ‘Hospital Compare’ site.