Louisa Public Utilities Board Regular Jan. meeting
January 7, 2020
The Louisa Water and Sewer Commission met in regular business session on January 7, 2020, with Mayor Harold Slone presiding. In attendance, Board Members; Sam Lester, Heath Preston, Jeff Kinser, Steven Lycans, and Matt Brown. Others in attendance were Utilities Administrator, Ami Whites, and City Attorney Eldred Adams Jr.
1. Call to order: 6:06 pm
2. Pledge & Prayer
3. A Motion was made by Heath Preston, to approve the minutes for December 03, 2019 meeting, Second by Sam Lester. All approved.
4. The Board reviewed the financials and no actions taken.
5. Update on Sewer I & I Project; Mayor Harold Slone updated the Board that the budget increase for the project was approved.
6. Martin Wright updated the board that the Water Rehab project is complete. They just have a valve insertion and 5-6 more service connections to put in, which will wrap the project up.
7. Update on the KLC Investment Pool; they Board discussed working with existing banks before deciding to move forward on using the KLC Investment Pool.
8. Jeff Kinser made a Motion to approve customer adjustments. Second, made by Sam Lester. All approved.
9. Martin Wright updated the board on the Doe Knob project; he stated that it was complete, he sent the samples off and should know something by 1/08/2020.
10. Update on Dove Lane; no update at this time, waiting for the finances to become available, bid for the project has been awarded. Mayor Slone stated that we should have the money to begin the project.
11. Mayor Harold Slone updated the board that Jason Helton went to training this week and received his Level 1, Operator in Training and in 6 months should be able to earn his Level 2. Mayor Harold Slone also stated that the Water Treatment Plant operators are going to change their shifts and have two operators there at a time and this should help decrease the need for overtime unless something happens.
13. Mayor Slone advised the board that he is working with Ami Whites and the other supervisors to make updates to how we use the work order system which will ensure all employees are aligned and more effective. He also stated that he has set goals with each of the supervisors to track progress and make assessments on how we can become more efficient.
14. Meeting Adjourned: 8:16 pm