LOUISA PUBLIC UTILITIES BOARD
July 9, 2019
MINUTES OF UTILITY BOARD MEETING
The Louisa Water and Sewer Commission met in regular business session July 9, 2019 with Heath Preston presiding over the meeting, filling in for Mayor Harold Slone. In attendance, Board Members Jeff Kinser, Matt Brown, and Sam Lester. Others in attendance were Jason Helton and Bud Adams.
- Call to order 6:06 pm
- Board heard from Property Developer John Pannell along with Troy Hogge from KY Engineering Group, who engineered plans for the proposed water and sewer line extension off Clayton Branch Rd. Plans were provided for the extension which includes a flushing hydrant. Total cost of Materials estimated by KY Engineering Group to be $9,045.50 with developer responsible for cost of installation. Will be sent to DOW for plan approval. Motion by Jeff Kinser to approve purchase of materials for project. Second by Sam Lester. All approve.
- Troy Hogge updated the board on the Downtown Water Line Rehab project. Boone Street line is complete and ready for customer hookups. Contractor is currently working on the Rice Street portion of the project.
- Motion by Sam Lester to approve Minutes from June 2019 meeting. Second by Matt Brown. All approve.
- Board reviewed customer adjustments. Motion by Jeff Kinser, to approve adjustments., with exception of one already adjusted once in the past year. Second by Sam Lester. All approve.
- Motion by Matt Brown to accept financials. Second by Sam Lester. All approve.
- Board discussed Clayton Ln. Line relocation project. No actions taken.
- Board discussed with Department Supervisor Martin Wright concerning leak work orders. Board suggested Martin get a quote for a contractor to help catch up on leaks.
- Sealed bids opened for the sewer I & I project. Bid received from Boca Enterprises in the amount of base project $2,997,500. Alternate 1 & 2, $150,000 each for a total bid price of $3,297,500. Bid received from Frederick and May Construction with a total price of Base project price of $3,577,000. Alternate 1 & 2, $85,000 each for a total bid price of $3,747,000. Motion by Sam Lester to table the bids due to the fact that both were over budget set forth by KIA. Second by Jeff Kinser. All approve.
- Meeting adjourned 7:10pm