June 4, 2019
The Louisa Water and Sewer Commission met in regular business session June 4, 2019 with Mayor Harold Slone presiding. In attendance, Board Members Jeff Kinser, Steven Lycans, Matt Brown, and Sam Lester. Others in attendance were Jason Helton and Bud Adams.
- Call to order 6:17pm
- Heard from property developer concerning a water and sewer line extension to a new subdivision being developed off Clayton Branch Rd. Developer is having the line extensions engineered and will bring plans for board approval.
- Motion by Jeff Kinser Second by Steven Lycans to approve May 2019 minutes. All approve.
- Board discussed old meters in storage. City of Ft. Gay has purchased 100. The remainder will be auctioned on GovDeals.
- Board reviewed financials, no actions taken.
- Board was updated on Sewer I & I project. The bid proposal is ready for publishing. The bid announcement will be in the Big Sandy News on June 5th, 2019. Bid opening date will be in July. Encroachment permits are complete and ready to be sent for state approval.
- Board was updated on Downtown Water Rehab Project. The project is due to start the first week of June, A minor delay has pushed the start date to the 2nd week of June
- Motion by Jeff Kinser, Second by Sam Lester to approve customer Leak Adjustments.. All approve.
- Mayor advised board that new employee had been hired for the open water plant operator position.