Slide repairs in Lawrence County under way; six sites included
LAWRENCE COUNTY – Tuesday, June 4, 2019 – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet awarded a contract in the amount of $386,701.67 to Hinkle Environmental Services to repair six slides in Lawrence County. Work started May 30. The contract has a completion date of September 30.
The sites, in the order in which the contractor intends to do the work, are as follows:
- KY 828, Overda Road, at mile point 0.48, north of the beginning of State Maintenance, near Shady Grove Road.
- KY 1185, Yatesville Lake Road, at mile point 0.332, just south of KY 3.
- KY 1937, Bear Creek, at mile point 1.660, north of KY 707.
- KY 1760, Ulysses-Charley Road, at mile point 0.036 between Hay Branch Road and Charley Hollow Road.
- KY 3394, Cains Creek Road, at mile point 2.460 near Steels Branch Road.
- KY 581 at mile point 2.8 at Ulysses near Old House Branch Road.
Work should be finished Friday or Monday on KY 828. There were five separate sites on this road that were addressed. Each of the remaining routes has anywhere from one to three sites to be fixed.
The contractor will work from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. At each site, traffic will be reduced to one lane with flaggers controlling traffic flow. Motorists are advised to slow down when approaching the work zone, pay close attention to their surroundings, and follow the directions of the flaggers.