LOUISA PUBLIC UTILITIES BOARD
May 7, 2019
The Louisa Water and Sewer Commission met in regular business session May 7, 2019 with Mayor Harold Slone presiding. In attendance, Board Members Jeff Kinser, Heath Preston, Steven Lycans, Matt Brown, and Sam Lester. Others in attendance were Jason Helton, Martin Wright, Chuck Devaney, Jim Smiley, Bob Martin and Bud Adams.
- Call to order 6:01pm
- Mayor advised the board that the construction meeting would be held on May 8, 2019 for the downtown water rehab project. Construction expected to begin by June 1, 2019.
- Bob Martin and Jim Smiley updated the board on the Sewer I & I project. The project design has been approved by Division Of Water. Engineers are working on getting encroachment permits from the state and any additional easements. Mayor advised the loan for construction was approved by the KIA board on 5/7/2019 and construction to begin this summer.
- Board Heard from Customer that had concerns that her bill was higher than usual for several months. Customer was shown her hourly usage and it was determined that customer had been experiencing an intermittent leak event, customer was unsure of the source of the leak.
- Motion by Steven Lycans, second by Heath Preston, to approve April 2019 Minutes. All approve.
- Board Reviewed financials. No actions taken.
- Board heard from Sewer Plant Supervisor, Chuck Devaney, discussed needed repairs and possible solutions at sewer plant and lift stations. No actions taken.
- Board reviewed customer adjustments. Motion by Jeff Kinser, Second by Steven Lycans, to approve adjustments. All approve.
- Board Reviewed the proposed 2019-2020 FY budget. Motion by Heath Preston, second by Jeff Kinser to approve the proposed budget. All approve.
- Discussed personnel issues. No actions taken.
- Discussed low water volume issues on Dove Ln. Line needs replaced to correct pressure issues due to old line and corrosion. Distribution supervisor, Martin Wright, Advised that cost would be in the $22,000 – $30,000 range. Board suggested to have the line replacement engineered and get a concrete price for replacement.
- Meeting adjourned at 8:39pm.