Lynn Courtney elected new DAR Regent at April meeting
The April meeting of the Louisa Chapter of DAR was held on April 23, 2019 in the Cafe of the Louisa First Baptist Church. Regent Sabrina May called the meeting to order and the DAR Ritual was read by members. Secretary Lynn Courtney read the minutes for the previous month. The Treasurer’s report was read by Evelyn DeBoard. Sheila Kensinger gave the Sunshine report. Theresa Chaffin gave the National Defense Report and the Indian minute.
Next order of business was the Election of Officers for the coming two years. New officers beginning their term after the May meeting will be as listed.
- Regent – Lynn Courtney
- First Vice – Evelyn DeBoard
- Second Vice – Karen Maynard
- Recording Secretary – Myrtle Walker
- Corresponding Secretary – Rosie Pfost
- Treasurer – Carolyn Thompson
- Chaplain – Patty Ferrell
- Historian – Janice Spencer
- Librarian – Nadine Meek
- Registrar – Sherry Burchett.
- Officers will be installed at the May meeting. This will also be the annual dinner, announcement of community awards and the Scholarship Winner.
The hostesses for April were Janice Spencer and Sheila Kensinger who had the delicious meal catered by Rebel Barn.
May 28th will be our annual dinner meeting at 6:00 in the Cafe of the Louisa FBC. The charge for the meal is 15.00 and it needs to be paid for by May 17th so Rebel Barn will know how many to prepare for.
Sabrina May can be reached at the DAR meeting room after 12:00 pm on Thursdays.