LOUISA PUBLIC UTILITIES BOARD
March 5, 2019
The Louisa Water and Sewer Commission met in regular business session March 5, 2019 with Mayor Harold Slone presiding. In attendance, Board Members Jeff Kinser, Heath Preston, Steven Lycans, Matt Brown and Sam Lester. Others in attendance were Jason Helton, Martin Wright and Bud Adams.
- Call to order, 6:17pm
- Motion by Heath Preston, Second by Jeff Kinser, to approve Minutes from February 2019 meeting. All approve
- Board reviewed financials. No actions taken.
- Mayor advised board that new pumps had arrived for Heron Dr. Pump station. They have not been installed as of yet, will install when the current pumps need replaced.
- Board was advised that the water and sewer line re-location for the dead mans curve realignment project is underway. The state is sponsoring and reimbursing for this project.
- Downtown Water Rehab Project (WASTEWATER PROJECT) is currently accepting bids for construction, Bids will be opened on 03/06/2019 at 11am, Mayor inquired if board would approve sending the lowest bidder on to the 3/12/2019 city council meeting to expedite the process. The board agreed.
- Mayor also updated on the Sewer I & I project. The project is still with the engineers and not ready for bids on construction as of this time. The plans are ready to be approved, awaiting environmental clearance.
- Board reviewed leak adjustment requests. Motion by Heath Preston, Second by Steven Lycans to approve leak adjustments, all approve.
- Board briefly discussed customer policy changes. No actions were taken. Office Manager Jason Helton will provide list of potential changes at next meeting for approval.
- Motion to adjourn by Jeff Kinser, Second by Heath Preston. At 8:52pm. All Approve.