A call came in to 911 and first responders came out to respond to a structure fire at 6:11 AM on 1/27/19. The fire was on Public Way beside Jackson Brothers in downtown Louisa.
The two occupants of the home, Joyce Castle and her husband, Dave, are very lucky to have gotten out without any injuries. One pet was deceased, Mrs. Castle reported.
The family posted this response on social media,
“…Today was a nightmare. We lost our home to fire and one of our fur babies didn’t make it. My heart is broken. I know stuff can be replaced. I want to Thank God first for letting us get out with our lives. Our dogs woke us up. I want to thank everyone for their prayers. Thank you for checking on us with text and messages and those that came by.
Thank you for offering to take us in your homes, for offering to help us with what ever we may need. We will be able to save most of our clothing. We’re going to try to get the smoke smell out.
How blessed are we. We have a warm place to live until we get everything straightened out God has truly blessed us with the best friends and family. Thank you to the Louisa Fire Dept and all the volunteers. Thank you to the surrounding fire departments for being there, too. Thank you to to volunteer fire fighters who searched for our dogs in the inferno. Thankfully they found our Yorkie alive.
God truly had his hands on us.
Please continue to pray for us.
May God Bless You All.
God is good even In the storm.”
Lowmansville Fire Department, Fort Gay Fire Department, Fallsburg Fire Department, and Big Sandy Fire Department all helped with the endeavour.