Trick or Treat in Louisa / Lawrence County/Ft. Gay will be October 27th from 5:30 till 7:30pm.
Here are a few safety tips.
A parent or responsible adult should always accompany young children on their neighborhood rounds.
* Obtain flashlights with fresh batteries for all children and their escorts.
* If your older children are going alone, plan and review the route that is acceptable to you. Agree on a specific time when they should return home.
* Only go to homes with a porch light on and never enter a home or car for a treat.
* Because pedestrian injuries are the most common injuries to children on Halloween, remind Trick-or-Treaters:
* Stay in a group and communicate where they will be going.
* Remember reflective tape for costumes and trick-or-treat bags.
* Carry a cellphone for quick communication.
* Remain on well-lit streets and always use the sidewalk.
* If no sidewalk is available, walk at the far edge of the roadway facing traffic.
* Never cut across yards or use alleys.
* Only cross the street as a group in established crosswalks (as recognized by local custom). Never cross between parked cars or out driveways.
* Don’t assume the right of way. Motorists may have trouble seeing Trick-or-Treaters. Just because one car stops, doesn’t mean others will!
* Law enforcement authorities should be notified immediately of any suspicious or unlawful activity