LOUISA, KY. — The Lawrence County Circuit Court held court on Tuesday, Oct. 16th rather than on Friday as usual. The courtroom was full with charges that ranged from murder to drug possession.
Elden Muncy, Jr., now 22, finally has a trial date after allegedly killing two people in November of 2017. Officials say theft may have been the motive of the shooting of Mary Evans Smith, 50 and her son Randy Blevins, 35. The murder happened on the 6300 block of Yellow Creek Road in southern Lawrence Co. The defendant will have a trial date almost 2 years from the date of the crime on Nov. 4, 2019.
3 years on each of 3 counts of Complicity Receiving Stolen Property,
3 years on Complicity Possession Of a Controlled Substance, methamphetamine and
12 months for Complicity Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
All concurrent with supervised probation over 5 years with a pretrial diversion.
Alexis Boyd, 24 pled guilty and was sentenced to
* 15 years probated over 5 with other conditions on Engaging in Organized Crime/Criminal Syndicate with other conditions.
Brandi Fannin, 36 pled guilty and was sentenced to:
* 3 years Probation and other conditions for Complicity Possession of a Controlled Substance, methamphetamine,
* 3 years probation for Complicity Conspiracy to Trafficking In a Controlled Substance, 2nd degree,
* 12 months supervised probation on Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and misdemeanors dismissed.
Final sentencing to be held on 11 / 9 / 18.
Willis Horn, 28 was sentenced 2 cases:
* to 20 years probation over 5 years, with 90 days of in home incarceration for Enhancement Trafficking In a Controlled Substance, 1st degree, 2 gms of methamphetamine and
* 7 days for Operating a MV under the Influence of Alcohol/Drugs.
2nd case: sentenced to
* 10 years of Trafficking In A Controlled Substance, methamphetamine, supervised over 5 and
* 7 days of Possession Of Drug Paraphernalia, concurrent with other case.
William Joseph McCoy, 46 pled guilty and was sentenced to
* 2 1/2 years for Receiving Stolen Property,
* 2 1/2 Possession of a Controlled Substance
* 2 1/2 for Possession of a Controlled Substance, 1st degree consecutive, but concurrent to other cases.
Persistent Felony Offender was dismissed. 5 years Probation.
Final sentencing 11/9/18.
Jasmine Mullins, 22 pled guilty to an amended charge of Engaging In Organized Crime, Criminal Syndicate and was sentenced to
* 5 year Unsupervised Pretrial Diversion with other conditions. Final sentencing on 11/9/18.
Kevin Pack, 53 pled guilty and will be final sentencing on 11/9/18 on charges of Tampering With Physical Evidence and Public Intoxication, and Carrying A Concealed Deadly Weapon, an agreement is in file and not noted on the docket
Keith Penix, 27 pled guilty to an amended charge of Engaging In Organized Crime-Criminal Syndicate and was sentenced to
* 5 years supervised probation for Engaging In Organized Crime-Criminal Syndicate.
Jessica Ray, 37 was sentenced to
* 12 months probation over 24 months with other conditions and Persistent Felony Offender was dismissed.
Other Cases Pretrial and Arraignment:
Michael Cooper, 33 a bench warrant was issued or already in place for Bailjumping, 1st degree.
Crystal Cordle, 46 was scheduled for a Probation Revocation Hearing on 3 different felony cases. Reset for 11/21/18.
Todd Cloverdale, 52 was arraigned on Assault, 2nd degree and Menacing. Pretrial set for 11 / 9 / 18.
Donald Dickerson, 32 was not present on charges of 1st degree Possession of Cocaine and a bench warrant issued.
Luke Dingess, 30 was arraigned on first-degree possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol / drugs. Pretrial set for 11 / 9 / 18.
Shawn Fitzpatrick, 23 charged with Engaging In Organized Crime/Criminal Syndicate and Persistent Felony Offender. The case will proceed to trial.
James Gartin, 55 case was reset and a competency hearing to be held on charges of Rape, 1st degree, victim under the age of 12, 2 counts of Sodomy 1st degree.
Ambre Gilpin, 28 was arraigned on Possession of Heroin, Possession of Cocaine, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and Public Intoxication. Pretrial set for 11 / 9 / 18.
Nicholas Hackney, 28 will proceed to trial on the charge of Engaging in Organized Crime- Criminal Syndicate.
David Johnson, 41 was on the docket for a Motion to Revoke Probation on 3 cases. The defendant was not present and a bench warrant was issued.
Elden Shannon Muncy Jr., 22 was present for a pretrial conference on two counts of murder. The case is set for trial on 11/4 / 19.
Kaitlin Riner, 23, hat’s on the docket to be sentenced on Complicity Possession of a Controlled Substance, methamphetamine. The defendant was not present and a bench warrant issued.
Curtis Rowe, 43 will proceed to trial on the charges of Complicity Manufacturing methamphetamine and Persistent Felony Offender. Trial to be held on 11 / 19 / 18.
There were several cases seen, but reset for another date.