otary met for their weekly meeting on Thursday, September 27th at the First Baptist Church in Louisa. A new member was welcomed, Bonnie Noakes of Louisa was sworn in by President Steve Lycans. In announcements and upcoming events;
* Farm to Fork at Savage Farms will be held on Saturday, October 20th at 10:30 a.m.,
* The Paramount Arts Center will have the movie “Breathe” on October 28th at 3 p.m. and all proceeds will go to polio Plus. Tickets will be sold for $10 each. If you are interested in attending, Rotarians will have tickets.
* The Farmers Appreciation Dinner is on Thursday, November 15th at 6 p.m.
The guest speaker for the week was Rotarian Scot Hoeksema, Pastor of The First United Methodist Church of Louisa on his mission trip to Uganda and the transformation being done with Church. Hoeksema also touched on the fact that China also plays a big part in helping with the transformation. His mission trips to Uganda began in 2010 and continues. Since 2010 there has been so much progress.
* A new school that holds 300 kids
* The death rate has been cut in half.
* They have began drilling for 26 new water wells
Hoeksema said that before the mission visits to Uganda the people there had and believed only in Witchraft. There were no Christians. Since 2010 there have been over 8,000 converts and a couple hundred churches built for them to worship in.
That is just a few examples, Hoeksema gave of how people from our area help to make the world a better place!
With that the meeting was adjourned for the week.