September 7, 2018
The Louisa Chapter DAR met on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 in the cafe of the Louisa First Baptist Church. After opening Rituals the Treasurer’s report was given by Evelyn DeBoard and Secretary report by Lynn Courtney.
Several items of interest were on the Agenda.
- DAR will be participating in Septemberfest with a float in the parade and a booth selling Veterans Book I and II and the DAR cookbook.
- Books and food items will also be sold at Savage Farms during the Harvest Tour on Saturday September, 29, 2018.
- Lynn Courtney and Evelyn DeBoard will have a table at the Eastern Kentucky Genealogy & History Conference held at the Ramada Inn in Paintsville, Ky. on September 15.
Regent Sabrina May made the announcement that Reba Whitt had passed course one and two of the DAR Genealogical Education Program with one course to go.
- Also she informed members that the Chapter had won two prestigious National Awards. ( See Certificates pictured )
- More upcoming events is a free book giveaway by the Lawrence County Library on September 13, 14, and 15.
- Historian Teresa Chaffin is making plans for Constitution Week which is September 17th thru the 23rd. She also read an article, one of four, on the Shawnee raids of different Forts in 1763.
Chaplain Sheila Kensinger offered a prayer in remembrance of the 2,996 victims of September 11, 2001, also known as 9-11, that were attacked by the Islamic terrorist group al-Qaeda in a series of four coordinated attacks.
Deanna Muncy is the Chapter’s newest member and due to her work schedule will be inducted at a later date.
All the officers served as hostesses for the night. Members were treated to hotdogs with Dee’s famous chile, veggie burgers, chicken tenders,chips, potato salad, pasta salad, cole slaw, relish tray and ice cream sandwiches for dessert. And of course everything was fantastic!
Tuesday September 25, 2018 will be the next scheduled meeting date at 6:00 pm in the Cafe of the Louisa First Baptist Church. We encourage all members to attend and bring a friend that is interested in knowing more about the Louisa Chapter DAR and their family genealogy.