$5,000 Math intervention funding approved for each school in county
The Lawrence Co. Board of Education met for its regular meeting Monday October 17, 2016. Those in attendance were Dr. Rob Fletcher, Heath Preston member, Garnet Skaggs member, Maddlene Roberts member, Jim See member and Barbara Robinson member.
After the pledge and prayer a moment of silence was held for Frances Wright, an educator from Lawrence Co. who passed earlier in the month. She was the wife of Superintendent Paul Wright.
Superintendant Fletcher then presented the principals of FES, LCHS, LEES and LWES for their Fidelity of Implementation of PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Systems). Each principal recieved an award.
” We got an email and congratulations from the Kentucky Center of Instructional Disciplines recognizing the hard work from the students, faculty and administration. These schools demonstrated effort , commitment and the persistence it takes to implement PBIS with Fidelity,” Dr. Fletcher said.
Dr. Fletcher then gave his comments on the following issues:
* RTL Coordinators recommendation (extra duty service)
* Math intervention funding of $5,000 at each school K-8
* Novice Reduction training scheduled at KEDC on October 20
* Accountability Steering Committee update
* “Good luck” to the Lady Soccer Dawgs for playing in the first round of the Regionals tonight at Prestonsburg
* Visit by Menifee County School reps
* Completion of Process Improvement for Performance Excellence training. Big rock planning, transportation, on-boarding and energy efficiency
There was no public comment.
Motion made Garnet Skaggs, second by Maddlene Roberts to approve the minutes of the October 13, 2016 special meeting K-PREP reporting;
* Motion made by Jim See, second by Maddlene Roberts to approve and accept the AFR ( Annual Finance Report Fiscal Yr 2015-2016 with a June 30th ending date. Presented by Darrell Blair, CPA Wells and Company, PSC.
* Motion made by Maddlene Roberts, second by Barbara Robinson to approve claims and orders of the treasurer.
* Motion made by Maddlene Roberts, second by Jim See to approve the monthly financial report, Financial Officer Brandi Vanhoose.
* Dr. Cassandra Webb then reviewed the Quarterly Dashboard reporting with each principal explaining their particular schools scores. Louisa West K-1: Debbie Delong principal, Louisa East 2-5: Mary Hall principal, Blaine Elementary School K-8: Shawn Jennings principal, Fallsburg Elementary K-8: Sara Bowen principal, Louisa Middle School 6-8: Joey Cecil principal and LCHS 9-12: Stuart Cook assistance principal.
Vernon Hall then presented the personnel update.
Superintendent’s Personnel Action/Update
October 17, 2016
Brandi Vanhoose – Finance Officer
Dana Bledsoe – Instructional Assistant at Louisa West Elementary School (1-Year)
Substitute Bus Monitor
Tierney McKnight – District School Health Nurse / District Special Needs Nurse (1-Year)
Re: Request to the Lawrence County Board of Education for Creation regarding Extra Duty Service Pay
Request the following extra duty service pay be created effective 10/18/2016:
- RTI (Response to Intervention) Program Coordination and Data Input (Teachers paid $30/hour for program work)
The meeting was then adjourned for a special meeting of the Finance Corporation Meeting, the minutes were approved from the November 9, 2015 meeting.