AUGUST 27, 2015
FESTIVAL RULES RELEASED FOR 2015
The 2015 Lawrence County Septemberfest festival will be held in downtown Louisa, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, Sept. 11-12-13. The theme of the festival is:
“Heroes Among Us!! Remembering 9-11.”
Due to safety concerns during the festival, the Septemberfest Board has prohibited the following in the festival area: reptiles, animals, (this does not include horses during the parade) skate boards, roller blades, bicycles, recreational scooters, skates, and unauthorized golf carts. All rules and information is posted on the septemberfestlouisa.com website.
* Only units approved by the Septemberfest Board of Directors shall be entered into the Septemberfest parade.
* All parade units must observe all safety regulations, including, but not limited to – NO firearms, except for demonstration or historical purposes; All floats must be secured to tow vehicle with safety chains; no throwing or handing out treats, candy, or literature; Children riding on floats must have adult supervision; and speed limit for vehicles is 10 miles per hour.
* All units must comply with the intent of the festival parade. The Septemberfest parade is a family orientated event and no persons or organizations shall use the parade format in a manner to cause disruption or civil unrest. No anti-government, anti-religious, or anti-racial groups (without prior approval) can participate in the Septemberfest parade.
* All parade units must check in with a member of the parade committee prior to the start of the Septemberfest parade.
* No ATVs, dirt bikes, or go-carts are allowed in the parade.
* Horses must be restrained at all times. Riders must allow for sufficient space between the animal and the public viewing areas. Riders will be responsible for any accident that might occur with their horse.
* All area (Kentucky, West Virginia, Ohio, etc.) high school bands are permitted.
* Judging of the floats (commercial and non-commercial) will be held at 10 a.m. promptly, all floats must be ready by 9:45 a.m., for judging.
For information, call 606-638-4581, 606-793-1842, or 304-648-2027.
WINDOW/YARD DECORATING CONTEST:
All residents and businesses in the community are welcome to join in the 2015 Window/Yard Decorating Contest. Judges will choose the winners based on creativity, originality, overall presentation and use of theme, “Hero’s Among Us!! Remembering 9-11”. Judging will be within a five mile radius of downtown Louisa. To be judged, call Cheryl Roe, by Tuesday, Sept. 8, for the window decorating contest, and Wednesday, Sept. 9, for the yard decorating contest, at 606-483-0208, or 606-638-9441 or email email@example.com. Winners will be announced on the Main Stage during opening ceremonies on Friday, Sept. 11. Categories for awards are: Best Fall Decoration; 2. Most Original; 3. Best use of Theme. First, second and third place will be awarded in each category.
Exclusive rights are given to the Lawrence County Septemberfest Board’s Ways and Means Committee to sell water and soft drinks along the parade route during the festival Saturday, Sept. 12, and no other organization, business or individual will be permitted to sell these or any other items along the parade route.
The Lawrence County Septemberfest name and logo is a registered trademark and no other business, organization, or individual will be permitted to sell any type of clothing, caps, tote bags or souvenirs with the use of the Septemberfest name or logo without written permission from the Septemberfest Board of Directors.
The Septemberfest also maintains exclusive vendor rights for Rotary hash, funnel cakes, homemade/hand-cut french fries, lemonade, corn dogs, pizza, chicken and dumplings, fried apple pies, blooming onions, barbecue ribs and pulled pork sandwiches and bags of ice. No other group or individual may sell them.
Any group or vendor selling ice from a machine they have for their own use will be expelled from the festival and will not be allowed to return the following year.
SEPTEMBERFEST CAR SHOW:
The annual car show will be held Saturday, Sept. 12, at Louisa West Elementary School parking lot with registration to noon. There will be dash plaques for the first 100 entries. Awards presented to top 50 entries plus Specialty.
The Septemberfest Children’s pageant sponsored by The Louisa Younger Woman’s Club will be held on Thursday, Sept. 3, at 6 p.m, at the Lawrence County Community Center, 180 Bulldog Lane, Louisa. Registration will be 2-5:45 p.m., the day of the event. Entry fee is $30.00. Caterogies are: Prettiest Baby boy/girl—newborn to 12 months; Cutest Toddler boy/girl—13 months to 2 years; Tiny Mr./Miss Septemberfest—3 years to 5 years; Little Miss Septemberfest – 6 years to 8 years; and Young Miss Septemberfest—9 years to 12 years. Most Photogenic entry fee is $5 per picture– 5×7 or 8×10 (no frames). All judges decisions are final and no score sheets will be given.
LAWRENCE COUNTY SEPTEMBERFEST 26TH ANNUAL WALK-RUN 10K AND 5K
The Lawrence County Septemberfest 26th annual walk-run 10K and 5K will be held Saturday, Sept. 12, at Lawrence County High School. Registration and confirmation begins at 7 a.m., race at 8 a.m. Pre-registration fee is $20 and day of race, $25. Categories are: male and female– 13 and under; 14-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; and 60-over. Trophies will be given to the top three overall winners in the 10K and 5K; medals will be given to the top three in all categories; team trophy for the most entries. The event is being sponsored by the Louisa Younger Woman’s Club.