March 4, 2015
LWES, FES AND BES PRESCHOOL & KINDERGARTEN/NORTH EAST HEAD START REGISTRATION ANNOUNCEMENT & GUIDELINES 2015-16
When: April 17, 2015
9:00 – 2:00
Where: Lawrence County Community Center
- Preschool- 3 and 4 year olds with disabilities or developmental delays (please come in for screening including speech concerns)
- Preschool- 4 year olds who turns four by August 1st and whose family income is no more than 160% of poverty
- Kindergarten- must be 5 years old by October 1st
- Head Start- All 3 and 4 year old children that meet Federal Income Guidelines
- Lawrence County Schools requires that before your child enters school for the first time, you must present:
- Birth Certificate -An official copy of the student’s birth certificate. This must be the certified copy you received from Frankfort. The billfold size is not acceptable. A copy will be made to become part of your child’s permanent record and the official copy returned to you. Applications for an official birth certificate can be obtained at the Health Department.
- Shot Record -Kentucky Immunization Certificate listing all shots, expiration date and signed by a private physician or health department official.
- Health Physical -Medical examinations on the Kentucky Department of Education approved form and signed by a physician or ARNP.
- Vision Exam -Eye exam performed by an ophthalmologist or optometrist and on the approved form.
- Income Verification -Proof of income
- Social Security Card -A copy of the student’s social security card is requested.
- Registration forms and required school health forms are available at your child’s school. They will also be distributed the day of registration/screening.
Inquiries should be directed to the following persons:
LWES Preschool – Debbie Delong 638-4726
FES Kindergarten – Angela Holmes at 826-2351
BES Kindergarten – Shawn Jennings at 826-3624
Northeast Head Start – Linda Sloas at 638-4726 Ext 7024 or 638-9060
Thanks for helping us get your child’s education started on the right foot!!!