Lawrence County Clerk Chris Jobe has been elected by the Ky. County Clerk's Assn. as President and will take over the office at the beggining of the year. There is no salary involved, he said.FRANKFORT, Ky. – State Auditor Adam Edelen today released the audit of the 2013 financial statement of Lawrence County Clerk Chris Jobe. State law requires the auditor to conduct annual audits of county clerks and sheriffs.
Recent changes in auditing standards require the auditor’s letter to communicate whether the financial statement presents fairly the revenues, expenditures and excess fees of the Lawrence County Clerk in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles in the United States.
The report found that the financial statement of the Clerk did not follow this format; however, the Clerk’s financial statement is fairly presented in conformity with the regulatory basis of accounting, which is an acceptable reporting methodology. This reporting methodology is followed for all 120 clerk audits in Kentucky.
The auditor noted no instances of noncompliance. The auditor also noted no matters involving internal control over financial reporting and its operation that were considered to be material weaknesses.
The county clerk’s responsibilities include collecting certain taxes, issuing licenses, maintaining county records and providing other services. The clerk’s office is funded through statutory fees collected in conjunction with these duties. The audit report can be found on the auditor’s website.EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
AUDIT EXAMINATION OF THE LAWRENCE COUNTY CLERK
For The Year Ended December 31, 2013
The Auditor of Public Accounts has completed the Lawrence County Clerk’s audit for the year ended December 31, 2013.
Based upon the audit work performed, the financial statement presents fairly in all material respects, the revenues, expenditures, and excess fees in conformity with the regulatory basis of accounting.
Financial Condition: Excess fees increased by $9,673 from the prior year, resulting in excess fees of $38,045 as of December 31, 2013.
Revenues increased by $85,195 from the prior year and expenditures increased by $75,522.
Debt Obligations: Total debt principal as of December 31, 2013, was $115,500. Future collections of $115,500 are needed over the next 5 years to pay all debt principal.
Deposits: The County Clerk’s deposits were insured and collateralized by bank securities.
Lawrence County Fiscal Court Meeting December 15, 2014
1. Opening Prayer
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Call Meeting to Order
4. Approve Minutes of the November 17th Meeting
5. Approve 2nd Reading of Amendment #26.
Approve 1st Reading of Amendment #3
7. Approve Treasurer’s Request
8. Approve Bills
9. Approve Treasurer’s Report
10. Approve Donation of Recycle Bins to Elliott and McCreary Counties
11. Approve Extension on Schoolhouse Rd. 2-tenths of a mile
12. Approve Executive Order appointing members to the Lawrence County Cemetery Board
13. Approve Executive Order appointing members to the Lawrence County Tourism Commission
14. Approve Executive Order appointing members to the Lawrence County Solid Waste Board
15. Approve to Terminate the current terms of the Big Sandy Regional Detention Center Jail Bd. Members
16. Approve Executive Order appointing members to the Big Sandy Regional Detention Center Jail Board
17. Approve Executive Order appointing member to the Lawrence County Board of Ethics
18. Approve Executive Order appointing member to Fire & Rescue Board
19. Approve Executive Order appointing member to E-911 Board
20. Approve Executive Order appointing member to Northeast Community Action Agency Board
21. Approve Executive Order appointing member to the Planning & Zoning Board
22. Approve Executive Order appointing members to the Board of Adjustments
23. Approve Executive Order appointing member to the Foothills Rural Housing Authority
24. Approve Executive Order appointing member to the Fivco Aging Board
25. Approve Executive Order appointing member to the Fivco Environmental Board
26. Approve Executive Order appointing member to the LC Project Development Committee
27. Approve Executive Order appointing members to the LC Insurance Committee
28. Approve Executive Order appointing members to the Fred M. Vinson Board
29. Approve Executive Order appointing members to the LC Recreation Board
30. Economic Development Update- Catrina Vargo
31. Approve Request from Commonwealth Attorney for partial funding for the position of an Assistant Commonwealth Attorney
32. Public Comments
34. Set special court meeting for December, 30th at 10:00 a.m.
(Editor's note- This is how we received this announcement. We do not know why the last item is listed after adjournment.)
Subject: Missing Persons Advisory for: Monday, December 8, 2014
Paul Clifton Sigman(Ashland, KY) -- The Kentucky State Police in Ashland is seeking the public’s assistance regarding the disappearance of Paul Clifton Sigman who has been missing since December 1, 2014.
On Wednesday December 3, 2014 The Kentucky State Police in Ashland received a missing person report and began an investigation. It was reported Sigman left on foot from his residence and was last seen in the area of Stump Run Road in Grayson, Kentucky.
Sigman is 30 years of age, approximately 6’ 0” and weighs 170 lbs. He was last seen wearing a blue hoodie and blue jeans.
The Department of Emergency Management was contacted and multiple searches have been conducted in the area. Sigman’s location is currently unknown, but he is entered as a missing person at this time.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the Kentucky State Police at 1-800-222-5555 or 606-928-6421. Callers may remain anonymous.
Trooper First Class Jim Ryland is the lead investigator in the case.
Contact: TFC Michael Murriell Public Affairs Officer
Page 5 of 290