- Video Games
1. Opening Prayer
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Call Meeting to Order
4. Approve minutes of the November 18th, 2013 & November 25th, 2013 Special Meeting
5. Approve 1st reading of Budget Amendment #3
6. Approve Treasurer’s Request
7. Approve Bills
8. Approve Treasurer’s Report
9. Approve Seedtick Road extension (0.2 mile) into the Co. Rd System
10. Approve speed limit change on Dry Ridge Rd. to 35 mph
11. Appoint member to the Big Sandy Water District Board
12. Appoint Lawrence County Extension Council
13. Appoint members to the Lawrence County Tourism Board
14. Reappoint member to the Louisa Area Fire District Board
15. Reappoint member to the Lawrence County Planning & Zoning
16. Accept Big Sandy Water District FY13/14 Budget
17. Accept Lawrence County Conservation District revised annual budget
18. Authorize the Lawrence County Humane Society to administer the eligibility for the 2013 Spay/Neuter grant
19. Award bids for Ross Branch waterline project
20. Tabled item from previous mtg: Request from Hay Exploration
21. Public comments
This holiday season, Louisa police will be out in force cracking down on drunk drivers throughout the region with aggressive Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over enforcement.
From Dec. 13, 2013, to Jan. 1, 2014, state and local law enforcement will be watching for drunk drivers to help keep roads safe for holiday travelers.
Unfortunately, the excitement and celebrations of the holiday season can lead to terrible decisions-- and serious legal consequences.
Data shows that the holiday season is a particularly deadly time due to the increased number of drunk drivers on the roads, and Louisa Police is prepared to stop and arrest any drunk driver they see to keep roads safe.
“The December holiday season is the ‘most wonderful time of the year,’ and we are going to keep our roads safe for travelers heading to visit friends and family,” said Louisa Police Chief Greg Fugitt. “This holiday, we will show zero tolerance for drunk drivers on the road. If you choose to drive drunk, we will see you, we will stop you, and you will be arrested.”
Drunk drivers often face jail time, the loss of their driver licenses, higher insurance rates, and dozens of other unanticipated expenses ranging from attorney fees, court costs, car towing and repairs, to lost wages due to time off from work. Even worse, a drunk driver can cause a traffic crash that claims someone’s life, or their own.
Rescheduled for Dec. 11, 7pm
1. Call to order.
2. Pledge of allegiance and prayer.
3. Mayor’s comments.
4. Approve minutes for 11-12-13.
5. Second reading of Ordinance 2013-04 “Compensation of City Employees Pursuant to KRS 83A.070”.
6. First reading of Ordinance 2013-05 “Ordinance Establishing the Budget for the Water and Sewer Commission (Now Louisa Water and Sewer Department) for June 1, 2013 through May 31, 2014”.
7. First reading of Ordinance 2013-06 “Compensation of Water and Sewer Department Pursuant to KRS 83A.070”.
8. Employee one time pay raise.
9. Louisa Police Department.
10. Louisa Fire Department.
11. Louisa Street & Sanitation Department.
12. Louisa Water & Sewer Department.
13. Audience comments.
14. Executive session.